Terms and Conditions
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by YeboStudents.co.za and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of YeboStudents.co.za. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, YeboStudents.co.za takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This applies to our forum and the website at large.
- No trolling, racism, sexism, homophobia or transphobia. Discussion about these topics is encouraged, but keep it civil and try to listen to and empathise with others.
- No revealing personal details about other people – this is a bannable offence. You’re free to reveal details about yourself, but we advise that you keep them to a minimum, especially when talking about potentially sensitive topics.
- No making new accounts while you still have access to your original one, especially to get around bans. Any posts you make on new accounts to get around bans will be deleted and the new account also banned.
- Usernames cannot be changed by users, but you may put in a request to the admins to have your username changed under special circumstances.
- No spamming allowed – posting advertising, nonsense or excessive use of emoticons will be considered spamming. Anyone seen to be spamming will be given a warning or banned.
- Do not post links to pornographic, defamatory or illegal content. It will be removed and users may be banned.
- Controversial and potentially offensive things may be linked to in order to promote civil discussion about them, but they will be removed if the admins deem it was done purely to incite hatred, drama or a hostile forum environment. This is all at the admins’ discretion, though you can appeal a removal by making a case to the admins on why it should be allowed.
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Services and, we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabelled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will YeboStudents be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
Your Content & Rights
YeboStudents does not claim ownership rights in Your Content – you retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. For the sole purpose of enabling us to make your Content available through the Service, you grant to YeboStudents a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, re-format, store, prepare derivative works based on, and publicly display and perform Your Content (including Showcase and Forums).
You retain copyright and intellectual property rights to any original content you post. If your copyright has been violated (a user claiming credit or ownership over original content you created), please contact us and provide the following information:
- Proof that you are the owner of the exclusive rights of the content, or proof that you are authorised to act on behalf of the exclusive rights holder.
- Identify what content is violating your copyright.
- Proof identifying the content as belonging to you, or to the exclusive rights holder you represent.
- Contact e-mail address.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that Company’s entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, with respect to any services(s) provided under this Agreement and any breach of this Agreement is solely limited to the amount you paid for such service(s). Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use any of its services or for the cost of procurement of substitute services.
YeboStudents.co.za is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
YeboStudents.co.za may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- First and last name
- Contact information such as email address
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests (gender, date of birth, education level)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- With your explicit consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
This website and its content is copyright of YeboStudents.co.za – © YeboStudents.co.za 2011 All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.