Home Forums Debate & Current Affairs Getting a degree? Well you can't work at the SABC…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BornFree BornFree 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

…because apparently people who studied at universities are a “drain” on their colleagues at the SABC, who consider experience to be the only relevant qualification.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/varsity-qualified-staffers-drain-sabc-hlaudi-motsoeneng/

“The [PriceWaterhouseCoopers] report found only 47% of participants surveyed had either a diploma or a certificate as their highest qualification. But it also revealed that a number of the respondents had received qualifications from institutions that were not accredited.”

And then they wonder why their top execs lack strategic thinking skills. What a joke!

And what kind of government institution DISCOURAGES getting a tertiary qualification? Whatever happened through empowerment through education? There is something seriously wrong at the SABC…

Dear lord…I have no words.

(, 0 dislikes)

Well there goes my dreams of being a fat cat SABC exec! Damnit! I knew getting a degree would make me overqualified!

I’m sure this is grossly exaggerated! Newspapers will say anything for popularity.

No serious journalist wants to work for that clown institution anyway.

Quite scary. It is a creative industry I suppose. Maybe the people in control at the top do have a decent education? Or am I just being optimistic?

You’re being optimistic. Have you watched any SABC lately?

It’s still a business. They can’t all be “creative types”. It needs to be managed. Preferably with some kind of strategy in mind.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.