Home Forums Life and Style Fashion & Beauty Does shopping make you happy?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zcmzcm2015 zcmzcm2015 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    (, 0 dislikes)

Shopping is something I really enjoy doing, especially for clothes, shoes and accessories. For a few days after I get something new, I feel really great. But then I start to feel guilty, like, I should have spent the money on something more worthwhile, and also because I don’t really want to be a consumerist-type who doesn’t care about the planet or about how stuff is produced. You know? I don’t want to be shallow, and sometimes I feel shallow that having lots of pretty stuff makes me happy. Anyone else feel this? Or should I just forget about the guilt and enjoy it while I can?

(, 0 dislikes)

I have the same problem @jozilover. I enjoy the newness of the stuff I’ve just bought but later I start to feel like I should have spent my money on something better… I feel EXTREMELY guilty because I have an old homeless person living by an intersection just down the road from my house and I basically drive past him everyday.. then I look at my new stuff and think to myself I should have helped someone with that money instead of spending it on something silly.

*Meep!*
    (, 0 dislikes)

I think shopping its good to everyone but its depends in how good you are financially.

(, 0 dislikes)

Shopping makes me happy and alive, but I before I do shopping I have to make sure I have money saved on my account then do my shopping. Saving comes first to me. I am so proud to I do not own account cards, I prefer hot cash and be free.

(, 0 dislikes)

Glad to see I’m not alone in my post-shopping guilt! I wish I had your self-discipline, @nana-mkhize-756! I have a store card and a credit card and I can’t really afford either. I often end up spending money I need for food and transport for clothes, and then I’m beyond broke till the end of the month. And I also have that horrible pang of guilt when I see homeless and struggling people, @smg! I know I should stop, just stay away from malls and stop shopping, but it’s soooo hard!! I just love that feeling of getting something new!

(, 0 dislikes)

I love clothes shopping, but it took me years to accept that haha. Meltz closed down though which sucks. There was a forum post ages ago with factory stores, I should find it and try those out perhaps. I try to find things which are cheap and nice, I don’t like paying for brand names, it’s all overpriced imo. I actually really like Pick n Pay’s clothing stuff now, the prices are decent and it’s good quality. All of my gym clothes are from there, all my yoga pants, a bunch of tops, etc. They had a good selection of tights too but I’ve never had time to try them on. I’m dying for summer lines to come back out so I can buy more of their yoga shorts for gym – those things are the comfiest mofos ever.

(, 0 dislikes)

shopping excite me but i am care not to do it excessively

for the love of God
    (, 0 dislikes)

Shopping at exclusive books makes me happy(: and shopping for baking stuff makes me really happy. I’m not a fan of shopping for clothes or accessories. I like visiting furniture stores and imaging the things I’m going to buy for my flat or my future home. Especially during the “Sale” season.

"Fighting to be apart."
    (, 0 dislikes)

I feel you, @jozilover! I’m also at a point where I know that consumerism is part of everything that’s wrong with the world, but getting new things just makes me feel really good. Thus, I’m part of everything that’s wrong with the world. I just can’t unplug from the Matrix! Eeeeeep!! 😛

(, 0 dislikes)

Shopping for is like an adventure that i have been longing for a dream come true. It makes me happy , comforts me when i am not at my best…shopping is my bestfreind only without criticism, judgement.Shopping makes me forget about whatever bad situation that I’m going through be it new clothes, shoes, hats and bags . it is called retail “therapy” for a reason it soothes the soul.

When it comes to the guilty part….I do feel guilty of spending money that i had budgeted for other things, or using all your credit cards on your shopping. Shopping is like a DRUG, highly ADDICTIVE and will need intensive rehabitilisation to help you beat the addiction of SHOPPING.

When i get a little bit of cash I make sure I go to the mall and see the latest in stores and I do what? Shop/purchase the latest trends that I’m into and forget all about my necessities.

In conclusion, shopping can make you happy, guilty and bankrupt.
    So shop wisely and think about tomorrow.

MsVee
    Shopaholic

DD

a young ambitious black woman with a positive attitude, willing to interact with people from all walks of life.

Excellent advice, @msvee! I think recreational shopping is totally unnecessary and a waste of time and money. But then again, I’m not a girl.

@ninja thanx u dont have to be a guy to understand hahhahha spending money unwisely is not acceptable period!

a young ambitious black woman with a positive attitude, willing to interact with people from all walks of life.

You can enjoy your favorite things to buy, of course, very happy,such as
    http://www.evewholesale.com/Bodycon-Dresses-c1387.html
    http://www.amazon.com/Luxury-Makeup-Skin-Hair-Beauty-Products/b/ref=nav_shopall_luxury_bty?ie=UTF8&node=7175545011

Shopping for household stuff makes me happy. But I become more excited when I go car window shopping that just makes me feel like I own the world.

Lundi Dlali

Wholesale Bikinis
    Sexy Lingerie Outlet

http://www.lover-fashion.com
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.